CBD products offer FOP pain relief for some individuals and this company offers an Assistance Program of up to 60% off most products for those on long-term medical disability.
While CBD manufacturers cannot make health claims associated with diagnosis, treament or cure of any disease or disease symptoms (they can only recommend these products for general wellness), some individuals with FOP have found temporary reduction or relief for their pain using CBD products.
The IFOPA does not endorse or recommend the use of CBD – individuals with FOP should discuss symptoms and interventions with their FOP expert physician or primary care physician.
For those wanting to learn more about CBD in general, the Lazarus Naturals website offers numerous resources to learn about cannabinoids, CBD, THC, and the human endocannabinoid system (ECS). There are also resources to learn about different types of CBD products, how to use those products for different benefits, a product finder to help customers find the right product for their needs and a blog offering articles on numerous CBD topics.
Lazarus Naturals also offers an Assitance Program for people on long-term medical disability qualifying for up to 60% off most products. To qualify for the Assistance Program, those who have long-term medical disability benefits must provide either a certification from a physician or a disability income acceptance letter as proof of disability. Qualifying documents include:
- A signed letter from a doctor, hospital, or government agency stating long-term or permanent disability
- SSDI income awarding letter OR update to benefit statement
- Direct Deposit Check
Lazarus Naturals has steps for application on their website that include:
- Register for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Log in to your account.
- Fill out the Assistance Program form, which includes a place to upload your documents (please redact any sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, from your documents).
- Lazarus Naturals will review your application and get back to you.
- If you are approved, you can log in to your account and will see the discounted prices while you shop.
Again, the IFOPA does not endorse or encourage CBD use. It is important to discuss your symptoms with an FOP expert and your primary care physician to determine the best intervention for your pain. CBD products can affect individuals very differently and should only be used under the care of a medical professional.